IT’S HERE, IT’S HERE. BLOGGERS’ CAFE EPISODE 1 IS HEEEEERE!!
I’m ridonkulously excited to announce we’ve FINALLY launched Season 1 of Bloggers’ Cafe! This is quite possibly the most excited I’ve been about anything in a very long time! As some of you know, last December I flew back to the UK to start filming a brand new vlogging venture with the incredible Helen of Just Saying Mum. I can’t begin to describe how much fun it was or how many times we felt utterly lucky to have gained as much interest and participation as we did from willing bloggers. (You can read this separate post about the weekend itself, hilarious moments and a background on how Bloggers’ Cafe came about.)
I ALSO CAN’T BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW CHALLENGING IT WAS ON CERTAIN FRONTS!
Helen’s right when she says we had this ridiculous idea that two vloggers who live in two different countries could make this work. But we did and we are! We didn’t have a location til the eleventh hour, the mic on the fab camera that Helen got for filming wouldn’t cooperate, we ended up using our phones and having a fair few storage issues…and don’t talk to me about editing! Suffice to say, I need a hair appointment as I’ve got grey hairs from fighting with Adobe software etc and I ended up hiring someone from Fiverr.com (no this is not a sponsored post for them!) to work their magic.
WE MAY NOT BE TOTAL VLOG VIRGINS BUT IT WAS STILL A LEARNING CURVE!
This is our first attempt at something like this so Season 1 of Bloggers Cafe may look a bit rough around the edges (well I am from Wembley and Helen’s from Essex so what do you expect? Joke) but I hope you enjoy it and bear with us while we figure out tweeks here and there.
I for one thing certainly learned that:
- it doesn’t matter how BIG the ‘please do not disturb…filming in progress’ sign is, people WILL disturb and actually move the sign aside while they come up to see what’s being filmed!
- in fact, they’ll then stand there and watch you for a good few minutes
- a grown man won’t spot three women on a sofa in front of a camera and he will play a game of pool whilst those three women are filming (even my best Punjabi glare didn’t get his attention)
- sometimes it’s easier to get a coffee at Pret a Manger than in a hotel
- there will always be some eventuality you couldn’t predict such as ‘overestimating December’: it went dark where we were filming and no lights came on!
- or underestimating one’s iPhone brightness (this vlog is rather ‘well lit’)
- Malta, my adoptive home, doesn’t have the monopoly on noisy construction 24/7 and it is possible to sit in a swanky hotel talking loudly above clanging lift repairs
- we need lapel mic’s to cut out background noise for Season 2
- bloggers are the best!
- Helen is even bestest and I’m super lucky to be working with such a pro.
THAT’S ENOUGH PREAMBLE FROM ME. LET’S GET ON WITH THE SHOW!
Here you go, Bloggers’ Cafe Episode 1…eek!
NB. IF YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE OUR BLOGGERS’ CAFE POSTS/VLOGS ON SOCIAL MEDIA (GO ON!), PLEASE COULD YOU USE THE HASHTAG #BloggersCafe
(and tag us if you don’t mind)
Twitter @abprabulous @justsayingmum
Instagram @absolutelyprabulous @justsayingmum
If you have trouble watching the video from this page, you can go through to YouTube and watch it by clicking on this link.
Our warmest thank you to the Hyatt Andaz Hotel for kindly offering their venue to us.
I’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK OF THE FIRST EPISODE OF BLOGGERS’ CAFE!
HAVE YOUR SAY! by using the Facebook or website comments box below.
SHARE THIS POST! via the social media share buttons below.
DON’T MISS THE NEXT POST! just pop your email address in the orange top banner.
TO FOLLOW my pearls of wisdom entertainment on social media check out:
Facebook,Twitter and Instagram.